BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey Day









We had a very busy and fun-filled Thanksgiving Break. On Thursday we went to Muhlenberg County to have Thanksgiving dinner with Dad's side of the family. I love it the fact that I've been able to be with my extended family for every Thanksgiving of my life. Our family has grown so much that we had to rent a place to have dinner! I feel so fortunate that I was able to grow up around all of my cousins. We were such great playmates and friends, and although we aren't as close as we once were the memories we've shared will always stay with us. It saddens me to think that my kids won't share those same experiences. Memories with my cousins are some of the fondest memories of my childhood. It makes me so happy to see them have beautiful families of their own.
Aubrey had her first tastes of turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, and pumpkin pie! She also enjoyed playing with her second cousins. She did not, however, enjoy her first Santa experience. Aubrey can be very shy, and Santa scared her a bit. After dinner we went and had a light meal at my Mom's side of the family. We had good food and played our traditional game. This year is was "The game of things" and we had a blast.
Friday isn't a traditional shopping day for us, but we did venture to Nashville to see the lights at Opry Mills. They had a light and water show and Aubrey was mesmerized. She loved looking at the lights and watching all the people. We are continually amazed at what a great baby she is! She is just so sweet, content, and fun! We did some shopping on Saturday then it was back home for Thanksgiving Sunday with Grandpa Gene and Mia. What a different Thanksgiving we had there this year! We went from no babies to three! It was so much fun watching Will, Blaine, and Aubrey play. It's so funny how our priorities have changed so drastically in a year. Life will certainly never be the same. The holidays are going to be so fun this year!

0 comments: